Friday, October 12, 2007

Name This Blog

I have changed the name of this thing many, many times, and I am still not happy with it.

It must be a term that will become synonymous with the site. People at the coffee pot in the office will say "Did you read X last night?", and others will know what they are talking about. It must be a blend of cynicism and sarcasm, because contrary to Ferris Bueller, "isms" in my opinion ARE good. It must be profound and prophetic, rooted in melancholy but capable of a sheepish grin. Above all, it must not mention or give credence to clowns.

It must be a paradox. I love paradoxes. I find them whimsical.

In the coming weeks and months, the posts will become more detailed and touch on an expanded range of topics. So far, the posts are all quickly written in a matter of minutes and posted immediately when they are done. The posts I have been writing at length will soon see the light of day, including a chapter from the book idea I've been knocking around for a year or so. It's a middle chapter, because I don't know how it will start or end. I'm just writing from the center and seeing where I end up.

So, with all that being said, I propose that you, the reader, offer up suggestions to give this page a right and proper moniker. Leave a comment with a few ideas, and we'll see if we can't give this page an identity. A name has eluded me, and opening the page is like a backhand to my ego. A virtual bitch slap, if you will.

Ponder that.

I'm out-
KWass

5 comments:

Don said...

a) Voice of Reason from the Lunatic Fringe

b) It's a Dick in a Blog

c) Reasonably Unreasonable

Don said...

Something along the them of "baseball, hot dogs, applie pie, and chevroloet" or "mom and apple pie."

Name it, "Baseball, hot dogs, Natty Light, and a Saturn ION."

Darrin Wassom said...

Dick in a blog is awesome!!

Anonymous said...

My choice of a title is " This Sucks " because many times I have graciously told you that - you suck!!!!

KWass said...

I officially announce that the name of this blog shall be Vox Acerbus, which loosely translated from latin means "bitter vice".

Shocker, eh?

I'm out-
KWass