Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Cubicle Tunes - Week of May 28, 2007

A word about this week's cubicle tunes . . .

I know Brian Vander Ark has been featured already, but I have him in the rotation this week because I am going to see him again on June 2 at the Kraftbrau Brewery in Kalamazoo. I saw him April 5 at the Magic Bag in Ferndale and it was a phenomenal show. Besides, they are tremendous albums and quite worthy of frequent listening anyway.

Admittedly, I never gave much thought to Stephen Stills until I found out he was a primary influence on Ray LaMontagne. I'm glad I went back and found some of his stuff, because it really is great.

I remain completely blown away by the beauty and brilliance of the song "Hymn" by Duncan Sheik, but the White Limousine album as a whole is also worthy of note.

I never go too long without some Shawn Colvin. Nobody should. Whole New You was the album that opened up the whole folk/singer-songwriter genre for me, so the album holds a special place for me.

No comments: