Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Coloring Books

I color in coloring books, and most times I stay all the way inside the lines, but sometimes I go outside the lines, and you know what? I don't apologize for it. Not now. Not ever.

Who gives the coloring book publisher the right to tell me what parts of the page need to be filled in? Your bold black lines can't limit the vision and scope of my imagination. Your sketch is merely a suggestion, and my $0.99 purchase price gives me the inherent if not full legal right to complete the scene as I see fit. What if I want to add busted liquor bottles and spent jimmies to a street scene to represent rampant urban blight and decay? Life isn't always kites and rainbows and flowers. Sometimes, life is busted liquor bottles and spent jimmies.

And you know who else thinks they hold the patent on colorful creativity? Those asshole "color by number" publishers, that's who. Not only do I have to stay in their lines, but I have to color it the way they want it colored? Well, color me "pissed". If the leaves on the tree are marked with a "2" and the guide says "2" is green, but I feel the essence of the drawing is more autumn and I want to use red, orange and yellow, well then sir, I will see you in court.

You can't copyright me.

I'm out-

KWass

1 comment:

Don said...

go to google and google "spent jimmies" ...All Things Meaningless is the first search result.

i won't use "LOL" because I don't think people who use it actually are laughing and they definitely aren't sitting there like idiots doing it out loud ...but i'll admit ...i did the uncontrollable snicker while reading the coloring book entry and then doing a search on the "spent jimmies" phrase that made me snicker whilst reading it.