Monday, March 1, 2010

The Basement Bike Experiment 2010 - Day 29

Back in the saddle after a 4 day hiatus. No excuses - I let life get in the way and didn't manage this project the right way. I managed to make it almost 4 weeks before I lost the handle for a few days, but 4 day breaks just can't happen. It's a momentum killer, and now I have ground to make up.

The only "plus" was that some fresh legs allowed me to tear off a rather quick ride, but I need to further and longer to meet the goal for March (more on that below).

Time: 37:30

Miles: 10.08 miles

Avg. speed: 16.1 mph

Max. speed: 23.4 mph

Music: Ministry - The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste

Relevant lyric: "it kicks you in the face and sucks you dry"

____________________

Cumulative Experiment stats:

Time: 12:04:41

Miles: 160.20 miles

Avg. speed: 13.26 mph

____________________

The goal for March is 210 miles. That's 60 miles more than February and only 3 more days to do it, so I have some long rides ahead of me. It's like that Jerry Reed song from Smokey & The Bandit - "We've got a long way to go, and a short time to get there . . ."

Perhaps if Jackie Gleason was behind me saying "sumbitch", it would be a little easier.

I'm out-
KWass

No comments: