Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Basement Bike Experiment 2010 - Day 31

Awesome ride tonight! I should have stuck it out a couple more miles to get the big number, but it was time for dinner, and my beloved Vancouver Canucks are on TV tonight against the despised Detroit Redwings.

Even an hour+ into the ride, I wasn't breathing hard and my legs were just starting to get a little sore. I've felt that my progress had flattened out a little bit, so hopefully that is a good sign. The goal was a little longer ride and a little slower pace, and it worked out well.

Time: 1:17:18

Distance: 18.08 miles

Avg. speed: 14.0 mph

Max. speed: 16.9 mph

Music: Tool - 10,000 Days

Relevant lyric: ". . . no obvious physical trauma, vitals are stable . . ."

Miles to March 2010 goal: 181.84

Days to March 2010 goal: 28

____________________

Cumulative Experiment stats:

Time: 13:21:59

Distance: 178.28 miles

Avg. speed: 13.33 mph

____________________

The bike is getting noisy, so some maintenance is in order for this weekend. The chain just needs a little lubricant, is all. Ain't no thang.

I'm out-
KWass

No comments: