Friday, March 5, 2010

The Basement Bike Experiment 2010 - Day 33

There was a time where the last thing I would do on a Friday night is exercise, especially on a gorgeous day/night after a cold, snowy February. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and I am not going to kick 40's ass sitting on a bar stool.

So, after a sensible dinner of flank steak and salad, I jumped on to see what I could muster, because I haven't ridden right after a meal yet in this Experiment. I've always eaten after the ride. Suffice it to say, it worked out well. Nice distance, nice pace - nice ride.

Time: 59:43

Distance: 15.06 miles

Avg. speed: 15.1 mph

Max. speed: 25.6 mph

Music: Editors - In This Light and On This Evening and We Were Promised Jetpacks - These Four Walls

Relevant lyric: "right foot, followed by a left foot"

Miles to March 2010 goal: 166.78

Days to March 2010 goal: 26

____________________

Cumulative Experiment stats:

Time: 14:21:42

Distance: 193.34 miles

Avg. speed: 13.45 mph

____________________

I am less than 7 miles away from 200 thus far, and while that is very cool, I am more focused on the monthly goal. If I make that, the total mileage numbers will take care of themselves.

Now I get to see how my recovery time is improving, because my next ride is less than 10 hours away. Say good night, Alice.

I'm out-
KWass

No comments: