Monday, February 1, 2010

The Basement Bike Experiment 2010 - Day 1

And so it begins.

I didn't start off all crazy - I wanted to be able to walk tomorrow, and it's been a good 20 months since I've been on a bike. But, I may have already overdone it, because walking back up the stairs was an adventure. We'll see how bad it is in the morning when I try to get out of bed.

Time: 32:26

Distance: 7.19 miles

Avg. speed: 13.3 mph

Music: Ellis Paul - Translucent Soul

Relevant lyric: "I'm letting go because holding on's killing me . . ."

It probably didn't help that I also walked about 2 miles during my work breaks today.

Pedometer count: 10,000

Yes - exactly 10,000, the recommended daily allowance. I couldn't hit that bulls eye again if I tried.

Day 1 is in the books, and most times, just getting started is the hardest part. Overall, I am humbled yet encouraged, and I certainly look forward to these numbers increasing.

I'm out-
KWass

No comments: