Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Basement Bike Experiment 2010 - Day 20

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, the goal for today was 20 miles. I questioned that bravado all night after I posted it. I mean, the farthest I've gone so far is 15 miles, and that was after two days of rest. Now I was planning 20 miles after a pretty fast 10 miles just the night before. Obviously, wisdom is not one of my more prominent qualities.

I wish I could say it was motivated by some creative impulse to do 20 miles on the 20th day of the Experiment, but honestly, it was motivated by the fact that I only had 23 miles in for the week, and it was already Friday. After making the 50 mile goal last week, it would be a shame if I took a big step backwards. Wisdom be damned - I went for it.

Time: 1:56:50

Distance: 24.02 miles

Avg. speed: 12.3 mph

Max. speed: 19.1 mph

Music: Vampire Weekend - Contra, Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend, Nik Kershaw - The Riddle

Relevant lyric: "I never want to see you again"

____________________

Cumulative Experiment stats:

Time: 10:04:40

Distance: 130.03

Avg. speed: 12.91 mph

____________________

As cool as this is, I still need about 3 miles to hit 50 for the week. I may or may not jump on for a few miles tomorrow - it all depends on how my legs feel.

I am ecstatic over the progress I've made in the last few weeks, and I hope it continues. I know I am due for a weight update, but I have been planning to buy a good scale and haven't done so yet. I need to get on that - literally.

Always end a post with a bad pun.

I'm out-
KWass

No comments: