Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Basement Bike Experiment 2010 - Day 17

OK - first things first. As I mentioned in my last post, Monday (Day 15) was an off day after struggling on Sunday to get the measly 6 miles I needed to hit 50 for the week.

Yesterday (Day 16) turned into an off day after Alex's diving meet ran long and I got home pretty late. So, I am behind for the week, and I hope I can make it up.

That being said, here is tonight's recap.

Time: 1:00:11

Distance: 13.11 miles

Avg. speed: 13.0 mph

Max. speed: 22.9 mph

Music: The Verve Pipe - Underneath and Vertical Horizon - Go

Relevant lyric: "It's not pretty underneath"

____________________

Cumulative Experiment stats:

Time: 7:22:48

Distance: 95.9

Avg. speed: 12.99 mph

____________________

I am only 4.1 miles away from 100 miles. I did not anticipate that kind of mileage this quickly after such a long hiatus. I am going to increase my protein intake to help my muscles recover and see if I can put in these longer sessions more often. I shouldn't need so much recovery time or hurt so much after a longer ride, at least not 2 1/2 weeks into the Experiment.

Learn by doing.

I'm out-
KWass

1 comment:

Don said...

I went 14 miles today on a unicycle. Suck it.

Keep it up. Keep ...it ...up.