Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Basement Bike Experiment 2010 - Day 13

My legs were definitely sore this morning. Before I rode this afternoon, I consulted with my beautiful fiancee Karen, who also happens to be a certified clinical massage therapist. She found a few knots (I'm sure there is a more technical term) and massaged them, and then she helped me stretch my quadriceps. The difference was amazing. I was almost 30 minutes into the ride before the pain started to set in, and as a result, I was able to get in a pretty respectable ride.

Time: 48:35

Distance: 11.10 miles

Avg. speed: 13.6 mph

Max speed: 23.8 mph

Music: Audioslave - Revelations

Relevant lyric: "I am such a wreck, I am such a mess"

____________________

Cumulative Experiment stats:

Time: 5:53:58

Distance: 76.73 miles

____________________

This leaves me a scant 5.9 miles from my goal of 50 miles for the week, so it looks like I won't be taking Valentine's Day off.

I'm out-
KWass

No comments: