Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Basement Bike Experiment 2010 - Day 10

Day 10 of the Experiment was a double bonus.

I took a snow day from work today, so I had a little extra time on my hands. And, since yesterday was an off day, I had a little extra energy as well. As I descended the basement steps, I wondered if I could squeeze out 15 miles. The result:

Time: 1:13:32

Distance: 15.15 miles

Avg. speed: 12.3 mph

Max. speed: 23.5 mph

Music: Book of Love - Lullaby and Erasure - Erasure

Relevant lyric: "Just look at the state of you . . ."

____________________

Cumulative Experiment stats:

Time: 4:35:16

Distance: 58.4 miles

____________________

I also stepped on the scale again, and the results were encouraging.

Previous weight: 222 lbs

Current weight: 218 lbs

That 4 pound drop is all sweat equity too, because other than cutting out sodas, I'm still eating the same kind of crap I was before. And since I haven't eaten yet today, I am probably going to eat some crap tonight as well. All in due time . . .

I am halfway to my goal of 50 miles this week and have 4 more days to reach it. Things are going well.

I'm out-
KWass

1 comment:

Darrin Wassom said...

Impressive. Keep it up!! Iceman registration is March 1st.