Friday, February 19, 2010

The Basement Bike Experiment 2010 - Day 19

I didn't want to go too far or too fast today, because I am foolishly thinking about 20 miles on Day 20, but then I did it anyway. The distance itself wasn't excessive, but the average speed was pretty high, meaning I had sustained higher speeds that zap a lot of strength and create a lot of next day soreness.

A word about average speed and fluid resistance trainers - while 13.7 mph may not seem all that fast, when you combine it with the resistance, it's a fairly intense workout. There is no coasting on one of these things - once you stop pedaling, the back wheel stops in about 1/2 of a revolution. Basically, it fights you the whole way, and the faster you go, the harder it is to push.

Time: 45:02

Distance: 10.11 miles

Avg. speed: 13.7 mph

Max speed: 25.0 mph

Music: Cause & Effect - Another Minute

Relevant lyric: "Bare your soul, you'll never learn"

____________________

Time: 8:07:50

Distance: 106.01 miles

Avg. speed: 13.03 mph

____________________

So, the goal for tomorrow is 20 miles, and I will have to go slow to get it. I'll be happy with anything over an average of 10 mph. Stay tuned . . .

I'm out-
KWass

No comments: