Friday, February 12, 2010

The Basement Bike Experiment 2010 - Day 12

Day 11 was an off day, but I did walk 1.16 miles at work. Something is better than nothing.

So, after an off day, my legs felt good and I was ready to ride. I jumped on and settled into a brisk, steady pace. But something wasn't right. I had only been going for about 10-12 minutes and my legs were aching something hurtful. I checked the stats on the onboard computer and zoinks! I was clipping along at 15 mph!

Wrong gear!

I didn't notice at the start because I had the fresh legs, but it didn't take long to make me look like a fool.

I knew I was screwed, so I decided to turn it into a mini time trial, and see if I could tough it out for 30 minutes. I managed, but I am spent.

Time: 30:07

Distance: 7.23 miles

Avg. speed: 14.6 mph

Max. speed: 24.5

Music: Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine

Relevant lyric: "Just a fading fucking reminder of who I used to be"

____________________

Cumulative Experiment stats:

Time: 5:05:23

Miles: 65.63 miles

____________________

I also clipped off 2.32 miles walking at work, so that may have had something to do with the early ass kicking. Still working on that whole "balance" thing . . .

I'm out-
KWass

No comments: